I’ve read a lot of reviews on blogs and watched YouTube videos of girl’s giving me their own personal thoughts on any number of products. I wanted to be more professional about it so I came up with a simple formula that doesn’t fit bias in its equation. I think it’s safe to say that many of us women have favorite lines of something or other and I’m no exception. So, to make it fair to the products and most importantly, you, here is the formula I have come up with:
• The ingredients. I will go over every item’s ingredients and try to go in depth about the most important ones. That means: the good, the bad and the ugly.
• Effectiveness. Does it actually do all of what it claims? Or just for the most part? Or… worse… not at all.
• Ease of use. This will cover packaging and any prepping you might have to do to your skin before using. If it’s part of a system where there are guidelines to follow, I will base this rating off of how time consuming it is. If it takes more than 13 minutes to use, it’s going to suffer.
• Evolution. This basically means how long does it take to see the results? Do the results show before I run out of product? Will they last after 3 weeks of continual use, when my skin decides it’s used to it and rejects whatever the product is trying to do? Yea. This is a big one.
• Price point. This is important because at my age, I’m not really willing to fork over $50 for a face wash. Now, if that face wash is magical and I see pretty instant results, then yea… $50 is a good buy. But I live in a world where miracles don’t come in fancy packaging.